Becoming a Member-Owner
By joining Rising Tide, you are making a commitment to support a cooperatively owned business in which YOU, the member-owners, actively participate in shaping the priorities and direction of the cooperative. Your investment entitles you to elect members to the Board of Directors, as well as many other benefits.
- Get 10% off of a rotating selection of items throughout the store through our Member Sales program
- Member-Owner Appreciation Weeks 4 times a year when you get 10% off everything in the store (one shopping trip per week).
- 10% off all NOW grocery items and Cheryl Wixson’s Kitchen Maine-made products every day
- Vote on the Board of Directors
- Vote on nonprofits supported through our Co-ops for Community Day program
- Receive a free Rising Tide reusable shopping bag when you join
- Receive the Rising Times newsletter
- Receive a patronage dividend in years when the Co-op is profitable
- Eligibility to run for a seat on the Board of Directors
- New member-owners receive additional coupons upon joining
Responsibilities of Co-op Ownership:
- Stay informed via the newsletter and website
- Participate through voting, economically by patronizing the Co-op, and providing informal feedback
- Purchase $10 shares annually or all 250 shares at once ($250) to become a Co-op Invested Owner, providing critical capital for new services and equipment.
How to Join:
An Equity Share for your Ownership in Rising Tide Community Market costs $250. This consists of 250 shares, and can be purchased in the following ways:
- Purchase $10 in shares annually until you reach the $250 Equity Investment (25 payments)
- Purchase all 250 shares at once for $250 and become an Invested Owner of the Co-op
- Pay off remaining equity at any time to reach $250 (250) shares
Member-owners who pay their entire Equity Share up front receive a free recycled cotton Rising Tide grocery bag. Member-owners choosing the annual payment option receive a regular Rising Tide grocery bag. Member-owners paying equity annually must keep their payments current to receive benefits such as Member-Owner Appreciation Week discounts and voting in co-op elections. Equity Shares are non-transferable. An Equity Share can be refunded at the Board of Directors’ discretion.
Interested in becoming a member-owner of Rising Tide? Ask your cashier next time you are in the co-op and they can get you started!
Learn more about us! Check out Rising Tide’s annual reports available online:
Another great way to learn about RT is through our quarterly member-owner newsletter. You can access previous issues here.