Becoming a Member/Owner
By joining the co-op you are making a commitment to support a cooperatively owned business in which YOU, the member/owners actively participate in shaping the priorities and direction of the cooperative. Your investment entitles you to elect members to the Board of Directors, as well as many other benefits.
- Receive the Rising Times newsletter
- Receive the quarterly Co-op Deals coupon book
- Receive a free Rising Tide reusable shopping bag
- Receive a patronage dividend in years when the Co-op is profitable
- Member/Owner Appreciation days 4 times a year when you get 10% off everything in the store.
- Vote on the Board of Directors
- Vote on Non-Profits supported through the Co-ops for Community Program
- Eligible to run for a seat on the Board of Directors
- New Member/Owners receive additional coupons upon joining
Responsibilities of Co-op Ownership:
- Stay informed via the newsletter
- Participate through voting, economically by patronizing the Co-op, and providing informal feedback
- Purchase $10 shares annually or all 250 shares at once ($250) to become a Co-op Invested Owner, providing critical capital for new services and equipment.
How to Join:
An Equity Share for your Ownership in Rising Tide Community Market costs $250. This consists of 250 shares, and can be purchased in the following ways:
- Purchase $10 in shares annually until you reach the $250 Equity Investment (25 payments)
- Purchase all 250 shares at once for $250 and become an Invested Owner of the Co-op
- Pay off remaining equity at any time to reach $250 (250) shares
Member/Owners who pay their entire Equity Share up front receive a free recycled cotton Rising Tide grocery bag. Member/Owners choosing the annual payment option receive a regular Rising Tide grocery bag. New Member/Owners paying annual equity payments must keep their payments current to receive Member/Owner benefits such as Membership Appreciation Day, and voting in Co-op elections. Equity Shares are non-transferable. An Equity Share can be refunded at the Board of Directors discretion.
Interested in becoming a Member/Owner of Rising Tide? Ask your cashier next time you are in the Co-op and they can get you started!